|Nama||:||PROF. BAMBANG PERMADI SOEMANTRI BRODJONEGORO, PH.D|
|Jabatan||:||Menteri Riset dan Teknologi / Kepala Badan Riset dan Inovasi Nasional|
|Alamat Kantor||:||Gedung BPPT II lantai 24, Jl. M.H. Thamrin No. 8, Jakarta Pusat 10340|
|Telp||:||(+6221) 31924703, 3140830|
|Fax||:||(+6221) 3911 789|
|Aug 1985 – Aug 1990||:||University of Indonesia
|Fall 1991 – Spring 1995||:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
|Fall 1993 – Summer 1997||:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
III. MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Minister of Research and Technology/Head of National Research and Innovation Agency, Oct 2019 – Present
- Minister of National Development Planning/Head of Bappenas, July 2016 – Oct 2019
- Minister of Finance Republic of Indonesia, October 2014 – July 2016
- Vice Minister of Finance Republic of Indonesia, October 2013 – October 2014
- Chair, Fiscal Policy Agency, Ministry of Finance Republic of Indonesia, January 2011 – November 2013
- Director General, the Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 2009 -2010
- Dean, the Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia, 2005 – 2009
- Head of Technical Team, the Assistance Team for Minister of Finance in Fiscal Decentralization, 2007 – 2008
- Chair, the Department of Economics, University of Indonesia, 2002 – 2005
- Director, the Graduate Program of Economics, the University of Indonesia,
- 2001 – 2004
- Associate Director for Regional Economics and Infrastructure Research, LPEM-FEUI, 1999 – 2002
- Secretary, the Graduate Program of Economics, the University of Indonesia, 1998 – 2001
IV. ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCES
- Member, Board of Green Climate Fund, 2012 – 2013
- Chairman of the Board of Director, ASEAN Infrastructure Fund (AIF), 2013 – present
- Chairman, APEC Finance Deputies Meeting, 2013
- Co-Chairman of the Board of Director, ASEAN Infrastructure Fund (AIF), May 2012 – 2013
- Chairman, ASEAN Finance and Central Bank Deputies Meeting, 2011
- Co-Chairman (with Mr. Tamaki, Vice Minister of Finance, Japan), ASEAN+3 Finance and Central Bank Deputies Meeting, 2011
- Executive Committee, Chiang May Initiative Multilateralization (CMIM) and ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO), 2011 – present
- Indonesia Deputy for ASEAN and ASEAN+3 Finance and Central Bank Deputies Meeting, 2011 – present
- Indonesia Finance Deputy for G20 as of 1 December 2011 – present
- Co-Vice Chair, General Assembly of the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), 2012 – 2013
- IMF Alternate Governor for Indonesia, 2014 – present
- IFAD Governor for Indonesia, 2011 – present
- OECD National Coordinator, 2012 – present
- Head, National Tariff Team, 2011 – 2013
- Member, Steering Committee of National Agency of REDD+, 2014 – present
- Chair, Working Committee for Macroeconomic Assumption, Revenue, Financing, and Deficit (Panja A) for National Budget Law, 2011-2013
- Head, Financing Mechanism Task Force, National Council of Climate Change (Kelompok Kerja Pendanaan, DNPI), 2011-2013
- Chairman, the Association of Indonesian Islamic Economist (IAEI), 2011-2015
- Chairman, Regional Autonomy Watch (KPPOD), 2005-2009
- President, the Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA), 2004-2009
- Deputy Chairman, the Indonesia Forum Foundation, 2006-2009
- Chair, Steering Committee of Indonesia 2030 Vision, Indonesia Forum Foundation, 2007-2008
- Deputy Chairman of the Indonesian Economist Association (ISEI) for Fiscal and Monetary Policy, 2012-2015
- Deputy Chairman of the Indonesian Economist Association (ISEI) for Decentralization, Regional Autonomy, Cooperatives, and Agriculture, 2003-2009
- President of Indonesian Students Association at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA, 1993-1994
- Chairman of Education, Religion, and Research Division, Student Senate of FEUI, 1988-1989
V. ADVISORY EXPERIENCES
- Member of Advisory Council, the Asia Development Bank Institute (ADBI), 2014-2016
- Commissioner (Non Executive Director), PT Pertamina (National Oil Company), April 2013 – present
- Member, Islamic Banking Committee (KPS), Bank Indonesia, June 2011-2013
- Commissioner (Non Executive Director), PT. ANTAM (National Mining Company) Tbk, June 2011-2013
- Chair, Management Risk Committee, PT ANTAM Tbk, June 2012-2013
- Independent Commissioner, PT Adira Insurance, 2006-2011
- Independent Commissioner, PT PLN (National Electricity Company), 2004-2009
- Chair, the Good Corporate Governance Committee, Board of Commissioner, PT PLN, 2007-2009
- Member, Independent Advisory Team, Asia Bond Fund, PT Bahana TCW Investment, 2007-2009
- Member, the Assistance Team for Ministry of Finance in Fiscal Decentralization, 2005 – 2006
- Chair, the Audit Committee, Board of Commissioner PT PLN, 2004 – 2006
VI. TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Guest Professorial Lecture, the Asian Public Policy Program, Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, Japan, 2002-2003
- Guest Lecture, the Department of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, November 2002
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign, Fall 1996
Domestic (as the Full Professor at Department of Economics, the University of
- The Undergraduate Program, 1997-2008
- Master of Planning and Public Policy Program, 1997-2004
- Master of Business Administration Program (MM-UI), 1998-2002
- Economics Graduate Program, 1998-2008
- Master of Accounting Program, 1998-2000
VII. RESEARCH AND CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
- Research Associate, the Institute For Economic and Social Research (LPEM-FEUI), 1997-2005
- Senior Researcher, the Economics and Development Study Laboratory, 2002-2008
- Team Member, the Indonesian General Purpose Grant (DAU) Formula Team, Ministry of Finance, Sept – Dec 2000 and April – August 2001
- Consultant, the Natural Resource Management USAID, Aug – Sept 1999
- Consultant, United Nations Development Program (Jakarta Office)/UNSFIR, Nov 1998 – Feb 1999
- Consultant, United Nations Development Program / Regional Bureau for Asia and Pacific (UNDP/RBAP), May 1998 – June 1998
- Research Assistant, Regional Economics Applications Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Sept 1995 – Aug 1997).
- Research Assistant, Inter-University Center for Economics, University of Indonesia, Jakarta (1989-1991)
VIII. HONORS AND AWARDS
- Visiting Fellow, the Indonesia Project – Australian National University (ANU), Canberra, Australia, December 2004
- Eisenhower Fellowships, the Single Region Program – Southeast Asia, USA, September – November 2002
- ISEAS-World Bank Research Fellowship Award (as Visiting Research Fellow), the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore, March – June 1999
- Visiting Fellow, the Institute of East Asian Studies, Thammasat University, Thailand, March 1999
- Academic Scholarship awarded by the Indonesian Government – HEDP (Aug 1991- Dec 1995)
- Mahasiswa Berprestasi (Honored Student) of the University of Indonesia, 1989
IX. DISSERTATION AND THESIS TITLE
“The Econometric Input-Output Model for Jakarta Metropolitan Area and its Applications for Economic Impact Analysis”, Ph.D Dissertation, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, October 1997 (Prof. Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, Advisor)
“The Implementation of Bilevel Programming in Calibrating Congestion Function: A Case of Jawa, Indonesia”, Master Thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, March 1995 (Prof. T.John Kim, Advisor)
“The Application of Analytic Hierarchy Process in Evaluating Five Years Transportation Planning: A Case Study in East Kalimantan, Indonesia” (in Indonesian), Sarjana (Bachelor) Thesis, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, August 1990 (Prof. Iwan Jaya Azis, Advisor)
In English :
- Resosudarmo, Budy, Armida Alisjahbana, and Bambang P.S Brodjonegoro (2002), “Indonesia’s Sustainable Development in a Decentralization Era”, the Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA), Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Resosudarmo, Budy, Armida Alisjahbana, and Bambang P.S Brodjonegoro (2003), “Decentralization, Natural Resource, and Regional Development in Indonesia”, the Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA), Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Alisjahbana, A.S. and B.P.S. Brodjonegoro (eds.), 2004, Regional Development in the Era of Decentralization: Growth, Poverty and the Environment, Bandung, UNPAD Press.
Chapters in Book
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang and James F.G. Ford (2007), “Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations and State Building: The Case of Indonesia”, in Richard M. Bird and Robert D. Ebel, eds., Fiscal Fragmentation in Decentralized Country: Subsidiarity, Solidarity and Assymetry, the World Bank, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang and Fauziah Swasono (2006),”Civil Society and Local Government in Indonesia : Growing Up Through Difficult Times”, in Akira Nakamura, ed., Civil Society and Local Governance, Comparative Studies of Public Administration IX, Eropa Local Government Center, Tokyo.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang (2005), “Three Years of Fiscal Decentralization in Indonesia: Its Impact on Regional Economic Development and Fiscal Sustainability”, in Coen Holtzapel and Martin Ramstedt, eds., Centralization, Decentralization and Local Autonomy; Implementation and Challenges, Singapore, ISEAS, forthcoming
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang and Jorge Martinez (2004), “An Analysis of Indonesia’s Transfer System: Recent Performance and Future Prospects”, in James Alm, Jorge Martinez, and Sri Mulyani Indrawati, eds., Reforming Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations and The Rebuilding of Indonesia: The “Big Bang” Program and Its Economic Consequences, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang (2004), “The Effects of Decentralisation on Business in Indonesia”, in M.Chatib Basri, and Pierre van Der Eng (eds), Business in Indonesia: New Challenges, Old Problems, The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang (2002), “Fiscal Decentralization in Indonesia”, in Hadi Susastro, Anthony L Smith, and Han Mui Ling (eds), Governance in Indonesia : Challenges Facing the Megawati Presidency, The Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang and Fauziah Swasono (2002), “The Role of Free Trade Zones in Indonesia Economy”, in Budy Resosudarmo, Armida Alisjahbana, and Bambang Brodjonegoro (eds), Indonesia’s Sustainable Development in a Decentralization Era, Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA), Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Panggabean, Adrian, Martin Panggabean, and Bambang Brodjonegoro (1998), “Understanding The Indonesian Crisis : the first step towards recovery”, in Social Implications of the Asian Financial Crisis, EDAP Joint Policy Studies No.9, Korea Development Institute, Seoul, South Korea.
Articles in Journal
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang P.S, and Yoopi Abimanyu (2014), “Economic Turbulence and The Indonesian Economy”, OREI Policy Brief, No 12, Manila
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang P.S, Telissa Falianty, and Beta Y. Gitaharie (2005), “Determinant Factors of Regional Inflation in Decentralized Indonesia”, Economics and Finance in Indonesia, Vol 53, No.1, Jakarta
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang P.S, Alin Halimatussadiah, and Rus’an Nasrudin (2004), “Road Accident Cost in Indonesia”, Journal of Population, Vol 10., No. 2, Jakarta.
- Hendranata, Anton, Bambang P.S Brodjonegoro, and Bonar Sinaga (2004), “An Econometric Input-Output Model for Indonesia : Economic Impact Analysis of Budget Development Expenditure”, Economics and Finance in Indonesia, Vol 52, No. 3, Jakarta
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang and Robert Simanjuntak (2002), “Pension Plan in Indonesia: Avenues for Reform”, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Vol.43 No. 2, Tokyo.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang (2002), “Indonesian Intergovernmental Transfer in Decentralization Era : The Case of General Allocation Fund”, Mini Economica, Vol. 32, Jakarta.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang and Shinji Asanuma (2000), “The Regional Autonomy and Fiscal Decentralization in Democratic Indonesia”, Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Vol. 41 No.2, Tokyo.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang, Eduardo A Haddad, and Geoffrey J.D Hewings (1998), “The Structure of Jakarta Economy”, Economics and Finance in Indonesia, Vol. 44, No. 1, Jakarta.
In Indonesia :
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang P.S (1991), “AHP”, Inter-University Center,Economics, University of Indonesia, Jakarta.
- Sidik, Machfud, B. Raksaka Mahi, Robert Simanjuntak, and Bambang Brodjonegoro (2002), “Dana Alokasi Umum: Konsep, Hambatan, dan Prospek di Era Otonomi Daerah”, Penerbit Buku Kompas, Jakarta.
Chapters in Book
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang P.S (2007), “Pencapaian MDGs Dan Prioritas Pembangunan Ekonomi Indonesia”, in RK Sarumpaet, A Djokosujatno, and RZ Leirissa (eds), Pembangunan Pedesaan dan Daerah Pesisir Pada Era Millenium III, University of Indonesia Press, Jakarta.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang, and Arlen Pakpahan (2002), “Evaluasi Atas DAU 2001 dan Permasalahannya”, in Machfud Sidik, Raksaka Mahi, Robert Simanjuntak, and Bambang Brodjonegoro (eds), Dana Alokasi Umum: Konsep, Hambatan, dan Prospek di Era Otonomi Daerah, Penerbit Buku Kompas, Jakarta.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang, and C. Risyana (2002), “Data Dasar DAU 2001 dan 2002”, in Machfud Sidik, Raksaka Mahi, Robert Simanjuntak, and Bambang Brodjonegoro (eds), Dana Alokasi Umum: Konsep, Hambatan, dan Prospek di Era Otonomi Daerah, Penerbit Buku Kompas, Jakarta.
- Brodjonegoro, Bambang P.S (2002), “Otonomi Daerah dan Peranan Pemerintah dalam Perekonomian”, in Mohamad Ikhsan, Chris Manning, and Hadi Susastro (eds), Ekonomi Indonesia di Era Politik Baru : 80 tahun Mohamad Sadli, Penerbit Buku Kompas, Jakarta.
XI. SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- Chairman of Judges, Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2007, Indonesia Accountant Association
- Member of Judges, People of the Year 2007, Seputar Indonesia Daily.
- Chairman of Judges, Capital Market Award 2006, Jakarta Stock Exchange
XII. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- Indonesian Economists Association (ISEI)
- Indonesian Regional Science Association (IRSA)
- Regional Science Association International (RSAI)
- East Asia Economists Association
- Prof Boediono, Vice President, Republic of Indonesia
- Muhammad Chatib Basri Ph.D, Minister of Finance, Republic of Indonesia
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati Ph.D, Managing Director, World Bank Group
- Agus DW Martowardojo, Governor, Bank Indonesia (Central Bank)
- Ahmad Muhammad Ali, President, Islamic Development Bank Group,
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia